The Universal Heart
… lies at the centre of the Inner Constellation Mobile (ICM). Its movement is highly relational and naturally creates a spacious experience of life as an intelligent flow within our own nervous system. Although each of us carries this generous capacity within us, I find a regular ongoing practice group most effective for awakening and stabilizing its profound inclusivity.
There is a palpable coherence within the transpersonal nature of the Universal Heart (UH). Each moment we choose to slow down and embody our experience as both witness and receiver, we deepen its coherent depth within our nervous system. Both the UH series and the Fall ICM Workshops provide relational structures for an Expansive Integration Training (EIT) where transpersonal and personal dimensions co-exist within one fluid integrated intelligence.
With a safe container in which to include the unconscious and the hidden, new capacities naturally emerge in our awareness. We begin to be present for life, and for each other, in new and highly collaborative ways. Life seems to be calling us to come together for an EIT — and that’s a blessing!
Free Universal Heart Quarterly Gatherings
… these 1.5 hour sessions are designed to support our nervous system’s attunement to the Earth’s Solstice & Equinox rhythms. In 2022, they take place from 10 to 11:30 AM (Pacific) on the following Wednesdays: March 23, June 22, Sept. 21, & Dec. 21. (Please contact me by text or phone at 604-222-4111, if you wish to be added to the email reminder list.)
Each of these quarterly gatherings consists of a theme-related guided meditation, triad sharing, and large group sharing. We close by creating a whiteboard drawing together to express our experience. This is sent to all the participants, along with recordings of the meditation and group sharing.
Spring Equinox Emergence as Becoming: Like the sap rising, what energizes us that is emergent, fresh, and alive? The energy of spring holds an alluring promise in the heart.
Summer Solstice Tending our Belonging: What has ripened within us that allows for more wisdom, depth, meaning, and relational flow?
- The secret of our greatest blessing lies within this sacred relationship between the dark and the light.
- By honouring the darkness, we also honour the unborn, hidden, denied, and exiled parts of ourselves and humanity.
- We turn towards the light, not to get away from the dark, but to honour the mystery of life and our soul’s timeless belonging here.
UH/ICM Alumni Gatherings
NEW! Beginning Sunday February 6 2022, ICM/UH Alumni gatherings will be open to those who have participated in at least 3 ICM Workshops in 2021 or a previous Universal Heart Series.
- The Alumni gatherings are 1.5 hours (10 AM to 11:30 Pacific) on the first Sunday of alternating months: Feb. 6, April 3, June 5, Aug. 7, Oct. 2, & Dec. 4.
- Designed to till the soil of our group’s depth and connection, we will begin with meditation, sound, and group sharing. The direction of the group will evolve organically from there with the option of a full or partial ICM, sound healing, or simple practices that support inner-stillness, spaciousness, and deep connection.
- All sessions are recorded.
- Please Note: If you are registered in the current 2022 UH series and have participated in a previous UH series or regular ICM Workshops, the $100 Alumni fee is included with your UH series registration.
Cost: $100 (Cdn. $) for the year
The Universal Heart Annual Series
The Universal Heart lies at the centre of the Inner Constellation Mobile (ICM) where healing becomes a humble gesture of being available for a life we don’t already know. As this “unknowing” opens in our nervous system, a palpable coherence begins to open in the heart. With practice in a group, we slowly become more intimate with the Universality of life. Each moment we choose to slow down, witness, and receive life as it is, we deepen that coherence within our own nervous system. This also allows up to be in relationship with our (outer) life in new ways.
The transpersonal nature of our Universal Heart connection allows the morphic field within and between us to become more apparent. This is optimally supported within a community of like-hearted pioneers wishing to explore and embody the profound intelligence of the Universal Heart in everyday life.
In conjunction with the ICM Workshops, the Universal Heart series provides an ongoing container for exploring shadow and light in a safe manner. Embodied spirituality—or spirituality in and through the body—remains a relatively new paradigm of spiritual practice. Traditional spiritual practices have tended to retreat from culture, whereas an embodied spiritual practice engages with the world immediately around them as a living and very alive practice. Our own bodies, emotions, and mental tendencies become the pioneering fields of awareness for this exploration.
With time and practice, the “compassionate presence” of the Universal Heart begins to make soft and subtle connection with traumatized patterns of fear and fragmentation within ourselves and the collective field we share. With increased spaciousness, the Soul’s purpose begins to find take root in our Heart.
Universal Heart Themes: January to June 2022
* Please note this group is limited to 10 participants.
A palpable coherence lives within each of us as the Universal Heart. Every moment we choose to slow down, witness, and receive our experience of life in this moment, we deepen and stabilize that coherence within our nervous systems. When working with a group of people practicing in the same way, we magnify our individual potential.
The profound gifts of the Universal Heart first emerge as tender shoots of direct experience through a more spacious consciousness. These experiences also show us where we have been blocked, numb, or unavailable. We learn to go slow and be kind when we are given the gift of seeing and feeling these retracted places. Authentic healing is a generous field of spaciousness. When nothing is pushed, relationship becomes an emergent process that allows the hidden or exiled aspects of ourselves to come back into life.
January: The still language of the Soul. How do we listen to this timeless beauty?What happens in our body, heart, and mind when we hear this calling, even faintly?
February: Human Conditioning through time. A reflective look at the impact of our collective tendency to emphasize the light/positive/outward/masculine, at the expense of the dark/negative/inward/ feminine.
March: Listening with the Nervous System. Our nervous system is designed for connection and deep relationship with life. What happens when we focus on “attuning to” rather than “thinking about”? (Note: The 3-hour session this month will be an Inner Constellation Workshop.)
April: Recognizing our bodies as a flow of Ancestors walking through time. When we heal the Ancestors heal, as do future generations. What changes when we experience this humbling reality?
May: Spaciousness as the elixir of change. A small amount is a timeless blessing. (Note: The 3-hour session this month will be an Inner Constellation Workshop.)
June: Culture is a co-creative manifestation. Global Social Witnessing (GSW) is the practice of identifying our essential relationship with this phenomenon. We are indeed, the world changing itself. Walking life in this deep paradox allows for boldness and humility, strength and availability as we find our organic place.
- Twice-monthly Saturday Meetings (one 3 hour & one 1.5 hour). The first Saturday will focus on Inner Constellations, and the second on small and large group sharing. (Depending on group availability, the second Saturday could be held on Wednesdays instead of Saturdays.)
- Weekly emailed meditations and sound healings (These are theme-related to support the weekly dyad practices.)
- Weekly Dyads (20 to 30 minutes, & partners change every 2 months). These dyads are dynamic expressions of what is moving within. Expression can be made in words, art, dance or sound, and can be done by phone or Zoom. Dyads help to ground our inner-discoveries within relationship and therefore within the intimate details of our everyday life.
- Two full Inner Constellation Workshops: in March and May.
Cost: $425 (Cdn. $, includes $100 down payment)
Monthly Schedule: All classes are hosted on Zoom. The first Saturday is from 10 AM to 1 PM, and the second Saturday from 10 AM to 11:30 AM. Both in Pacific time.
January 8 & 22
February 5 & 19
March 5 (*ICM Workshop) & March 19
April 2 & April 23
May 7 (*ICM Workshop) & May 21 (*note Victoria Day W/E in Canada)
June 4 & 25
Important Reminder: If this is your first series and you have not met me before, please phone (+1) 604-222-4111 prior to registering. This is a routine check-in to make sure this program is a good fit for you.